[Mageia-dev] BACKPORTS: Resources needed to do the actual work

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Jun 27 23:19:35 CEST 2012

Now that we've finally agreed upon updates during meeting (
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-dev/2012/mageia-dev.2012-06-27-19.11.html ),
the following needs to be done:

1. QA needs to make updated backport process (Stormi)
2. mailing list for backport announce (???)
3. add warning when activating backports in drakrpm-edit-media for mga1 and
mga2 as updates, this needs to have a checkbox that it doesn't warn anymore.
(???)
4. we need to ensure the upgrade works even if it fails for the installed
backported packages. The user could be warned when this happens (???)
5. bug 2317 MUST be fixed before backports are opened (???)
6. we need to add support for automatic updates of installed backports either
in mgaapplet, or a new one. (???)
7. sysadmin will likely need to open things up (???)

All these needs to be done. At the very least need people who know the
existing code. and preferably some more who want to learn.

Personally, i'm willing to help, but i can't do it without help from people
who know the code.