[Mageia-dev] Issues with systemd???

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 30 16:44:51 CEST 2012

On 2012/06/30 11:56 (GMT+0100) Colin Guthrie composed:

> Charles A Edwards composed:

>>  lilo append contains nokmsboot
>>
>>  In spite of these facts All the nouveau modules are loaded and the
>>  nvidia driver Can Not be used

>>  The only way I was able to fix this issue was to
>>  blacklist nouveau

> OK, this will require a bit of investigation.

Re your investigation, I remember rather vaguely having a dysfunctional
nouveau block use of nv where the only solution was nouveau blacklisting some
months back, possibly as long ago as last summer, with both of my older
nvidia systems. What I don't remember was with which kernels, or whether it
was in devel of Mandriva, openSUSE, Fedora and/or Gentoo. Those two boxes
have never yet had Mageia installed. I think it most likely openSUSE 12.1
Factory, and ISTR discussion on the subject on openSUSE mailing list(s) at
the time being a pervasive problem.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/