[Mageia-dev] lvm2 initscript is marked as a config file...?

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Tue Mar 6 21:12:04 CET 2012

06.03.2012 21:48, Colin Guthrie kirjoitti:
> Hiya
>
> I noticed while doing the updates round that the file
> /etc/init.d/lvm2-monitor had a .rpmnew... Thus is seems to be marked as
> a config file. Is this correct? Most initscripts are not meant to be
> configured... is this the exception that proves the rule?

Doesn't look like configurable.

I have many times seen random non-config files marked as
%config(noreplace) in very old .specs just because they are in /etc.
This instance also predates mdv SVN migration (unfortunately their CVS
has been brought down).

(maybe rpmlint wrongly warned about them many many years ago, causing
people to add unwanted %config flags...)

--
Anssi Hannula