[Mageia-dev] lighttpd and others now require apache

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:02:39 CET 2012

Le 08/03/2012 14:38, Pascal Terjan a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 13:33, Anssi Hannula<anssi at mageia.org>  wrote:
>> 08.03.2012 13:48, kamil kirjoitti:
>>> Name        : rutorrent                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
>>> Version     : 3.4                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
>> [...]
>>> kamil<kamil>  3.4-2.mga2:
>>> + Revision: 221417
>>> - fix a requirement and use now apache (apache-conf is obsoleted by apache)
>>
>> WTF, so e.g. lighttpd requires apache now? Isn't that a bit strange?
>>
>> (rutorrent only required 'apache-conf' for the apache user, and I guess
>> the same was true for lighttpd)
>
> And for /var/www/html
> This should really be a server-neutral thing (with a better name for
> the user, like www-data) but I never took the time to do it :(
What is needed exactly by various web servers ? I really doubt anything
else as apache requires apache configuration file. And if it is just a
/var/www/html directory, there is no use to have a dependency for
something any sysadmin is able to create himself.
--
A dropped nut will seek the least level of accessibility
		-- Assembly General Shefields Corollaries n°5