[Mageia-dev] [Freeze] please let in xonotic

Bertaux Xavier bertauxx at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 15 18:24:06 CET 2012

Le 15/03/2012 17:39, Shlomi Fish a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:50:33 +0200
> Anssi Hannula <anssi at mageia.org> wrote:

>>> IINM we have some kind of exception regarding games for their client/server
>>> relation regarding updates vs backports? if so, then perhaps we could have the
>>> same policy wrt updates to version freeze?
>> Yes, we do. Version policy (i.e. no-new-versions-in-updates policy) has
>> an exception for "Software that is version-bound to an online service
>> (games, virus scanners?) and will only work with the latest version."
>>
>> This doesn't 100% fit xonotic, though, as online play doesn't *require*
>> a specific version. However, as it does impede the online playing
>> experience and (AFAIU) online-play is a significant part of xonotic, I'd
>> side on the 'update' verdict here.
>>
>> What do other people think regarding this aspect?
>>
> If this is the case, then I say that xonotic should be allowed to be updated.
I'm not about to be okay with that, a version Freeze only accepts
updates on bug fixes and security warnings, so RC to Release is OK but
not to revision's change, otherwise that would mean that if fate xonotic
in version 0.7 just before the Release we should built.
To me this should be pushed Backport, to limit the update after Release

Cheers
Xavier