[Mageia-dev] [Freeze] please let in xonotic

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Thu Mar 15 18:35:04 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Bertaux Xavier <bertauxx at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>> If this is the case, then I say that xonotic should be allowed to be updated.
> I'm not about to be okay with that, a version Freeze only accepts
> updates on bug fixes and security warnings, so RC to Release is OK but
> not to revision's change, otherwise that would mean that if fate xonotic
> in version 0.7 just before the Release we should built.
> To me this should be pushed Backport, to limit the update after Release

Backports are for new versions, not bug fixes. In this case even as
this is a new version, the use of an older version of the game client
with a new game server version could bring issues to users, so that
makes this release more of a "bug fix release", because we are trying
to avoid any possible problem to our users, not because we want to
have the latest version of the game. If we leave the current version
and then a user reports a problem while playing the game, the 0.6 or
0.7 or whatever version is available at the time would be pushed as an
update, not as a backport.

--
Juancho