[Mageia-dev] KDE requires creep and other minimal installation issues

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Thu Mar 29 00:30:55 CEST 2012

2012/3/28 David Walser <luigiwalser at yahoo.com>:
[...]
> Then why not have the package that contains the panel require it?
That's already the case.
default-config provides the configuration for the default mageia panel
which is using icontasks plasmoid.
For the record the panel is just a configuration file & to be more
precise we're now using the .js configuration since global use of
plasmarc files are dead upstream (i personally think this drop happens
quite lately in kde 4.8 but that's another point).
>  How about
> putting the requires into kdebase4-workspace?
Why should we add this requires on kde-workspace ?
kde-workspace does not need icontasks to work, also what about the
user simply using the vanilla-config file (aka default's upstream
configuration).

> Again, I'm not 100% sure this is
> why all the extra stuff got installed on upgrade, so it's just a thought.
Without logs there is nothing we can do here (not to mention that
currently only Luc is  active since i'm more the man talking with
email without box to test/apply/upgrade :/ )

> The bigger problem is now I can't uninstall kdebase4-workspace (which I didn't
> have installed before the upgrade, and which contains the wmsession file to make
> KDE the default window manager and a login option, and pulls in most of the
> remaining dependencies) without it forcing me to uninstall ark,
> kdebase4-runtime, kdelibs4-core, kdm, and konsole, which I did have installed
> before the upgrade and would like to keep.
Providing some logs here could help a lot to narrow an eventually
wrong requires.
So you should probably open at least one bug report against kdm with
log because we can of course miss something during our work to
clean/fix some issues inside kde's packaging between mga1 & mga2 (from
what i understand you want to only use kdm , ark, konsole) and add as
cc at least luc, juancho and me.

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net