[Mageia-dev] KDE requires creep and other minimal installation issues

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:54:43 CEST 2012

On 28 March 2012 18:40, David Walser <luigiwalser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a server VM that does not have KDE installed, but it has KDM, ark, and
> konsole installed.  IceWM is the default window manager.
>
> I've tested upgrading it to Mageia 2, and all kinds of extra KDE stuff gets
> pulled in in the upgrade, including task-kde4-minimal, leaving a broken KDE as
> the default window manager.
>
> I'm not 100% sure, but I think at least some of the reason all kinds of extra
> stuff gets pulled in is because Default-kde4-config and
> mageia-kde4-config-common both have added dependencies on plasma applets
> (plasma-applet-icontasks and plasma-applet-battery, respectively), which
> certainly seems wrong.  I don't know if this accounts for all of the extra stuff
> getting pulled in.  If I knew for sure, I'd file a bug.

If you want this to be fixed, try upgrading again such a mga1 config to mga2,
but with the following commands:

N=bug_kde-upgrade
urpmi --bug $N --auto-select -vv --debug 2>&1 | tee LOG.kde
tar cfa ${N}{.tar.xz,}

Then you can open a bug report, attaching both the log file and the
bug_kde-upgrade.tar.xz tarball.

I guess you keep a backup or a snapshot of your VM?