[Mageia-dev] RFT: Freeze push request: hplip / testing and volunteer needed

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Tue May 1 08:53:03 CEST 2012

> pushed to  core/updates_testing so people actually can test the packages
> So those of you that need/use hplip please test hplip-3.12.4-1.mga2

Seemed to work just find for me while testing the printing to
HP Color laserjet-cm1312nfi.

I had one mageia2 machine without cups/printing support installed and
enabled core/updates_testing in my repositories and then launched
drakprinter which installed printer related libraries.

I tested the printing both via remote cups print-server running on
another (mandriva 10.2) machine and also by adding new network printer
to this mageia machine and both worked fine. (Tested 1 page per/paper
and 2 pages per paper options on A4 both with grayscale and color options)

#rpm -qa | grep hplip
hplip-3.12.4-1.mga2
hplip-gui-3.12.4-1.mga2
hplip-hpijs-ppds-3.12.4-1.mga2