[Mageia-dev] kernel-3.3.3 and wifi problems

simple w8 simplew8 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 09:25:47 CEST 2012

2012/4/29 simple w8 <simplew8 at gmail.com>:
> 2012/4/26 Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org>:
>> simple w8 skrev 26.4.2012 13:22:

>>> Yes, its installed:
>>>
>>> ~]# rpm -ql rtlwifi-firmware
>>

>> Can you provide the output of:
>>
>>  ls -l /lib/firmware/rtlwifi
>>

>> so I can verify the actually installed files are the expected ones
>
> The problem continues in kernel-3.3.4

I have talked with some developers that use to maintain the
compat-wireless stuff (that will be merged in kernel-3.5) and they
havent this kind of problem.
Cant this be some caused by some patch added into the mageia kernel >
3.3.1 releases?
Since kernel > 3.3.1 is that i start detecting few wifi networks and
if i run kernel-3.3.1 i detect again about 10 wifi networks like it
used to happen.