[Mageia-dev] Freeze Push: e2fsprogs

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Thu May 3 15:54:01 CEST 2012

03.05.2012 13:50, Colin Guthrie kirjoitti:
> 'Twas brillig, and zezinho at 03/05/12 11:33 did gyre and gimble:
>> Em 03-05-2012 00:00, Colin Guthrie escreveu:
>>> Ping? Any revised opinions?
>>>
>> Sorry, but I feel this is not needed for MGA2. In fact, systemd has
>> changed the shutdown behaviour. The good patch would be to make him sync
>> the hwclock at shutdown, as we have no bugs because of this sysvinit
>> behaviour.
>
> There are real problems related to this as described upstream. Without a
> proper ntp implementation doing the time sync we have *no* idea that
> what we are doing is correct. If this is a dual boot system we could be
> clobbering the RTC without any knowledge that what we are doing is
> vaguely valid. So no, I will not entertain adding the sync hwclock stuff
> back. That is broken.

I'm not sure I understand. Why wouldn't we have any idea if what we are
doing is correct? If the system time has been changed, surely RTC should
be changed as well?

You make it sound like there is some situation where system time could
be entirely wrong. Is there such a situation? I'm not seeing it right now.

I wonder if this change had something to do with the fact that my laptop
had some problems moving to DST (on cauldron), and I had to change the
time manually (IIRC it switched to DST first but then the change was
lost later)... but I guess that could've been something else.

--
Anssi Hannula