[Mageia-dev] Are you sure? (no confirmation before proceeding to selected packages installation)

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 18:58:45 CEST 2012

On 2012/05/04 16:27 (GMT+0200) Thierry Vignaud composed:

> Felix Miata  wrote:

>>  Mageia's installer has the same problem that bothers me in Mandriva. The
>>  type install screen with KDE vs Gnome vs custom has no intermediate step
>>  prior to the start of selected packages installation. Does this bother no
>>  one else?

> Too late to report.

You mean too early? No one in right mind would believe any attempt to do more
than discuss this would come before M2 final is released. I was attempting to
light a pilot light on the subject so as not to forget in two or three weeks.
The quick flood of responses has been totally unexpected, as if those
finalizing M2 must be about out of things to do.

> When people will cease to do ala Gael tests aka just before the final?

Timing WRT M2 was random. I made no attempt to ascertain what state of
development Mageia was in before deciding it was time to investigate
abandoning Mandriva, and in fact began attempts with B3.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/