[Mageia-dev] Question about update media and GUI

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Mon May 21 11:27:35 CEST 2012

On 21/05/2012 09:35, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Random question...  I've only just noticed that mgaapplet/rpmdrake
> started telling me that I had no media... is this just because we've
> "flipped a switch" telling it to only update media marked as update
> while 99% of the cauldron cycle it would update all media?
>
> I've not actually used the GUI tools until this cycle (in previous years
> I always ran --auto-update manually) in order to try and actually use
> them and make sure they work etc, hence why I'm perhaps a little more
> ignorant than I should be :D

On stable releases mgaapplet checks only media marked as update media.
On cauldron it checks release media, whether or not they are marked as
update media. Since the release has been updated to Mageia 2, you are
now running a stable release. When cauldron is re-opened and the release
is changed back to cauldron, it should start checking the release media
again.

I'm not certain if on cauldron it checks all enabled media (i.e.
including testing media) or just the release media. I enable only the
release media on cauldron.

Jim