[Mageia-dev] Volunteering to [attempt] packaging.

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Mon May 21 11:47:29 CEST 2012

Following a discussion on the forum, I'd like to volunteer to do some
packaging.

I develop software [and hardware] for a living, *but* this is little
embedded programs that work on processors with a few k of RAM and up to
256k of flash memory. The up-side to this is that I understand
programming and much of this is not totally alien to me; the down side
is there's a fair difference between run-to-complete programs written
for an ARM or AVR in C and huge program using endless libraries in C++!

So, if someone is willing to work with me and hand-hold me in learning
the process, it would be great to give something back to the community.
I am constantly learning new stuff in my job and certainly willing and
able to learn how to do this.

Rob