[Mageia-dev] Suggestion of roadmap for kde on mageia once cauldron is reopened

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Sun May 27 12:48:33 CEST 2012

Le 27 mai 2012 04:33, "Franklin Weng" <franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw> a écrit :
[...]

>   Now my question is that, will the KDE update policy in
> backports be still the same as before?
>
> I remember that when discussing if Mageia 1 would have KDE 4.7 in
> backports, the answer was no because that kdepim was too unstable.

It was part of the problem & used to show that it was not that easy to do
it.

[...]

> For Mageia 2, again I'd like to ask, if we will have KDE 4.9 in
> backports after it releases in August?
>
> (Yes, I know that I can upgrade my KDE using cauldron.  But no, I
> don't consider to upgrade my box with cauldron... it is far too
> unstable than any version of kdepim.)

So here we've got some problems:
- Backports are not functional.
- Kde is still too big for a backport especially regarding our current
(draft) backport policy where it should be validated by our QA. Not to
mention that we'll have to update/backport somes dependencies to allow this.
- I personally won't push it to backport.

Regards,