[Mageia-dev] [RFC] radeon firmware in non-free

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed May 30 16:20:03 CEST 2012

mercoledì 30 maggio 2012 alle 15:32, Johnny A. Solbu ha scritto:
> If some hardware does not work without having a proprietary firmware or driver, then that particular hardware does not work. Period. The user must install a proprietary driver them selves afterwards if they want to use it, and the distro does not help them in any way to achieve this.
That is almost silly imho, one thing is "i can't/don't want to ship any non free things"
another is "i don't want to help/tell you to make our distro working
with your hardware if you choose not to use only free sw"
If you really mean that you should also remove non-free repositories etc...
I don't think being a don Quijote is that good... always imho of course.

Angelo