[Mageia-dev] [RFC] radeon firmware in non-free

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Wed May 30 16:38:32 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 30 May 2012 16:20, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> If you really mean that you should also remove non-free repositories etc...
> I don't think being a don Quijote is that good... always imho of course.

They do exactly that. They do not have any non-free repo. They have a policy that do not allow any non-free software (programs, drivers, firmware etc.) in their distributions, and they don't have any exceptions.
Some might find this silly and stupid. But they live by the rule that every software should be Free. If it is not, they will not use it because they can't do what they want with it.

My point is just that there really do exist several distributions that do not allow any non-free software in their repositories. if they don't have any non-free software there is no point in having an empty non-free repo. The way Thierry listed the two categories he seemed to suggest that there where no such distributions.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324