[Mageia-dev] about ruby updates and some broken dependancies

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Sun Nov 4 16:52:39 CET 2012

Hi
To Funda

I'm always impressed by the huge work you do for Mageia...

There's a little problem with ruby updates in Cauldron : as shikamaru is
always the official maintainer you may not be advertised of this :
http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/shikamaru/dependencies.html

indeed, in cauldron repository we have coexisting ruby-*-doc packages as
if the last update, with noarch suffix, has not obsoleted the last  old
version of some doc rpm which didn't have the noarch suffix:
for instance
ruby-BlueCloth-doc-2.2.0-3.mga3         remains besides
ruby-BlueCloth-doc-2.2.0-4.mga3.noarch

Perhaps  sysadmin will have to remove  some ruby-*-doc rpm  if they
don't explicitely have mga3.noarch extension

here is a list of few examples of rpm that have to be  removed in 586
and x86_64 repositories :
ruby-atk-doc-1.0.3-1.mga2
ruby-BlueCloth-doc-2.2.0-3.mga3
ruby-curb-doc-0.7.15-1.mga1
ruby-eventmachine-doc-0.12.10-3.mga1

we can explore the whole repo or simply use
http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/shikamaru/dependencies.html
to get the list

Same for some other non doc rpms
ruby-em-http-request-0.3.0-1.mga1 remains besides
ruby-em-http-request-1.0.3-2.mga3.noarch

Hope this will help to decrease the number of "broken dependancies" (at
least 60  will be resolved...)

Regards to Funda and sysadmins

Philippe