[Mageia-dev] what is this ????

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Sat Nov 24 17:55:00 CET 2012

Sander Lepik a écrit :

>> So, IMO the offer is something similar to Ubuntu's offer to be able to
>> donate to a single project inside the distribution. With a better
>> phrasing the page may be ok. Of course the details should be discussed
>> in public and after that the option should be advertized in a blog.
>>
> +1 on that. I have had similar idea myself. Watching bug 2317 or considering the fact that
> we still lack backports support. If someone is willing to pay for it to get solved then why
> not? And as the page says, Mageia can still refuse the solution. For example: someone wants
> Cinnamon to work on Mageia and someone else ports it. But it won't be imported into Mageia.
> They can have their own repo for it.

NO !
You mean someone is paid and create a third repo for something Mageia
doesn't want to import...

If that thing brings a mess into Mageia,  we will see bug reports in
bugzilla and lot of time lost by Mageia bug-triagers, devs, packagers,
before discovering that is not a Mageia problem but that this stuff
brought some shit !
We suffer of lack of time... and this will consume more time from
voluntary contributors to repair something badly done by someone that
was paid for it !