[Mageia-dev] Adding a new font to the default install

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Tue Oct 9 00:56:29 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 21:21 +0100, Donald Stewart wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I saw this article today and I think that it would be great to add
> this to the default fonts that we have available as it would allow
> greater ease of access to people with dyslexia.
>
> https://github.com/antijingoist/open-dyslexic
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19734341

The typographic experts I've heard from on this issue say that in
general it doesn't help very much - increasing line spacing, for
example, will help more, and almost none of the Linux software has that
basic and essential feature.

On the other hand, being seen to do something is not bad, as it may
increase awareness.

Liam