[Mageia-dev] Build error: "/bin/ld: cannot find -lshp"

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Oct 9 07:05:26 CEST 2012

I just noticed that "roadmap" is listed with a dependency error, missing libshp.so.1. So I upgraded the shapelib packages and tried a local build, which failed.
I then discovered that neoclust have removed the files in the shapelib packages. Specifically "libshp.so" and "shapelib.h".

I checked out the package and tried a local build and the files are build, but not installed and packaged.
Why are those files removed, when they are building? (They compile for me localy, at least)

What should I do now with packages that depends on libshapelib-devel and libshapelib1, which currently have No files in them?

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324