[Mageia-dev] Network-manager secret storage

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:35:15 CEST 2012

I'm a bit puzzled to discover than network-manager stores its
connections configuration both under
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ and as legacy ifcfg files under
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. Given than both are available
system-wise (by opposition to an user home directory), I don't
understand the purpose of such split.

Moreover, in both cases, secrets are stored in plain-text... I was quite
convinced than gnome keyring was supposed to be used, at least for
user-specific connections. Am I completly wrong ?
--
BOFH excuse #229:

wrong polarity of neutron flow