[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kwallet-4.9.2-1.mga3

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Mon Oct 22 07:10:59 CEST 2012

Balcaen John a écrit :
> Le mardi 16 octobre 2012 01:22:39 Marek Laane a écrit :
>>
>>   As there are new groups policy, I'd propose either Graphical desktop/KDE,
> as it is quite pure KDE application, or System/Configuration/Other, as it is "a
> tool to manage the passwords on your KDE system. By using the KDE wallet
> subsystem it not only allows you to keep your own secrets but also to access
> and manage the passwords of every application that integrates with the KDE
> wallet". Maybe really "Security" group isn't right one
>
> Well the definition of this is going to change since with « libsecret »
> supports we'll be able to « share » secrets between GNOME & KDE for example.

A thought ...
Is there anything now stopping us from having a package belong to more
than one group ?
Then a package used by several desktops could appear in each.

That used to happen on release installs from iso on mdv (or maybe mdk ?)
Which I found frustrating before I realised that, since deselecting
everything in one group would deselect the packages involved from all
other groups.  But it was ok once I realised what was happening.
(It would just be a good idea to warn users.)

--
André