[Mageia-dev] Asia-Pacific packager newbie needs mentor

Joseph Wang joequant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:52:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a number of packages that are ready to be reviewed for addition to
cauldron, and I'd like to get a mentor to review them.  The main problem is
that I'm in Asia so it's going to be difficult for me to attend the IRC
meeting at 3 a.m.  :-( :-(

So I'm looking to see how I can get a mentor.  If there is some other time
in which the IRC has people on it, I can meet then, or if someone can send
me a personal e-mail letting me know where to upload things.

Also the things that I've had ready for submission are

various games

simutrans
leocad
vassal

Some python packages

pi2rpm
pyopencl
pyopengl
pip

and lots of others

Some scientific packages

eigen
quantlib - although this will need some work

X11

glamor
open source ati for southern islands

Once I get this batch into cauldron, my next goal is to get the entire
astrophysical source code library built for mandriva.  In particular, once
I get started, I'd like to get CMBFAST and MESA (stellar evolution) into
the distribution.