[Mageia-dev] Notes about live CD

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Fri Oct 26 22:14:12 CEST 2012

2012/10/26 Johnny A. Solbu <cooker at solbu.net>:
> On Friday 26 October 2012 20:48, Barry Jackson wrote:
>> We will remove the following packages, unless you choose otherwise:
>> [  ] Check to remove unused hardware support
>> [  ] Check to remove unused localization
>
> Unless I missed something, your example is ambiguous.
> The message is unless you say otherwise, these items will be removed, not keept.
> Therefore the checkboxes is to Keep unused blahblah.
>
> So your example should be:
> ===
> We will remove the following packages, unless you choose otherwise:
> [  ] Check to keep unused hardware support
> [  ] Check to keep unused localization
> ===

The way the sentance "We will remove the following packages, unless
you choose otherwise:" is phrased, makes me expect an opt-out
solution. So it would make sense if it were:

We will remove the following packages, unless you choose otherwise:
[ x ] Unused hardware support
[ x ] Unused localization

And you have to uncheck what you want to keep.
Wouldn't it be clearer?

Regards,
Rémi