[Mageia-dev] Daemons and initscripts

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Sat Sep 1 05:02:39 CEST 2012

I tried to install oidentd on my new mga2 system, and it was missing, so I thougt I'd import the mdv2010.2 src package and package it, and noticed when building it locally that it has an init script.
If I recall correctly we are changing the format of the initscripts, possibly even the location of the scripts. Does anyone have some insight on how to convert these scripts into the new format?

And am I right in assuming that the init script changes is only for Cauldron/mga3 and not mga1 and 2?

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324