[Mageia-dev] Daemons and initscripts

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sat Sep 1 08:40:27 CEST 2012

Op zaterdag 1 september 2012 04:02:39 schreef Johnny A. Solbu:
> I tried to install oidentd on my new mga2 system, and it was missing, so I
> thougt I'd import the mdv2010.2 src package and package it, and noticed
> when building it locally that it has an init script. If I recall correctly
> we are changing the format of the initscripts, possibly even the location
> of the scripts. Does anyone have some insight on how to convert these
> scripts into the new format?
>
> And am I right in assuming that the init script changes is only for
> Cauldron/mga3 and not mga1 and 2?

mga2 should have both initscript and systemd compatibility.

but if you import a package, you need to import into cauldron first.

i would make systemd stuff and import into cauldron, and if you want to
update/backport you'll have to copy the svn tree to updates/2 and modify it
there again, but this time with an initscript and then submit there... (IF
it's allowed to have this as update!)