[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [5642] skip packages with no name

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:35:35 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Pascal Terjan at 04/09/12 17:57 did gyre and gimble:
>> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, there are some builds that get a strangely reported build
>>> duration (15588 days; always the same value when it occurs). I didn't
>>> investigate yet.
>
> So 15588 would be days since epoch. I guess it's the same as Pascal's
> comment. If it was submitted over 2 days ago we might not read the
> submit time and it ends up getting a timestamp of 0 and thus 15588 days
> to build.

Ok. So at this point (where we do a find to get the files), what's the
good approach: just leave the package/build out of the list if we
can't get its name (that's the new behaviour in my pending new index
page) or fix the find to get all? I'd say the former.

Two others things that are aside this very point:

* we could gain more insight over the whole submission/build process
if we could store data about way past builds (not necessarily the full
details of each build, at least not right now, but at least the
basics: when, who, what package, how long it took on which host, what
was the result). One way to do it would be to have a database in which
we can push and update info about each submission, as it happens
(today, everything is only in the filesystem). What control points
would need to be modified to push information into such a database?

* today, submissions are shown simply by src package. Should we show
submission results per arch? (what if i586 passes and x86_64 fails for
instance).