[Mageia-dev] Real Time Kernel version

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Mon Sep 17 14:04:01 CEST 2012

Jehan Pagès skrev 17.9.2012 13:52:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
>> Jehan Pagès skrev 16.9.2012 21:20:
>>

>>> My main problem is that the support of the Wacom Intuos 5 tablet
>>> exists only since the Kernel 3.5. I just tested on Mageia 2 (normal
>>> one, I only installed the new kernels from Cauldron). It works with
>>> the desktop kernel 3.5.3, not with the 3.4.9 rt kernel.
>>

>> Well, Mga2 will get upgraded to 3.4 longterm kernel soon, so maybe
>> we should look into backporting the Intuos 5 tablet support to
>> 3.4 series... then I could add it to the -rt kernel too.
>
> That would be awesome. I checked the diff of the 3.5 kernel, and
> grep-ed for intuos 5 code, there does not seem to be *that* much.
> If ever you do it, a big big thank you!

Hm, I just checked...

Intuos 5 tablet support went in just after 3.3-rc6, so
the release kernel 3.3.6 and the update 3.3.8 should work.

So I need more info... have you tested with that kernel ?

(not the -rt as that is at 3.2*)

If it does not work, I need more info such as exact model and id of the
tablet, lspcidrake -v output and so on...

Anything in the logs or dmesg ?

--

Thomas