[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 19 19:16:08 CEST 2012

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:17:55 +0200
Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would vote for
> - Live DVDs (1 per arch)
> - dual arch free CD
> - dual arch nonfree CD
>
> maybe we can replace the dual-arch CDs by enlarged boot.iso, need to
> send more about it :)
>
> I know machines with CD and not DVD still exist but I believe than in
> > 99% of the cases they are either a server or an old machine which
> will probably have a hard time running a recent KDE or GNOME

So, for the record, as a user the reason I prefer CD images is not
that I don't have a DVD reader (I do have one) but simply that CD
images are much smaller to download and keep around.

Just my two overrated cents of course ;-)

Regards

Antoine.

--
Software development and contracting: http://pro.pitrou.net