[Mageia-dev] Any progress on the NFS mount problem?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:27:04 CEST 2012

Le 20/09/2012 15:00, Anne Wilson a écrit :
>> Also, you can check available NFS version on your servers: rpcinfo
>> -s 192.168.0.40
> rpcinfo -s 192.168.0.40
>     program version(s) netid(s)                         service     owner
>      100000  2,3,4     local,udp,tcp,udp6,tcp6          portmapper
> superuser
>      100024  1         tcp6,udp6,tcp,udp                status
> superuser
>      100021  4,3,1     tcp6,udp6,tcp,udp                nlockmgr
> superuser
>      100003  4,3,2     udp6,tcp6                        nfs
> superuser
>      100227  3,2       udp6,tcp6                        nfs_acl
> superuser
>      100005  3,2,1     tcp6,udp6,tcp,udp                mountd
> superuser
>
> Doesn't mean much to me :-(
Your NFS server seems to be available on IPv6 only.

>> rpcinfo -s 192.168.0.200
>>
> Doesn't reply - presumably firewalled.
Do you really need a firewall between hosts in your LAN ?

> Looks as though the problem relates to rpc on the server.  I don't
> mind doing the digging, but can you point me to the right place to
> start the hole?
I'd try to understand why the nfs daemon (rpc.nfsd) is listening on IPv6
only, whereas the mount daemon (rpc.mountd) is listening both on IPv4
and IPv6.

BTW, you're also lacking rpc.idmapd, which is mandatory for NFSv4
support, but that's a secondary issue.

--
BOFH excuse #277:

Your Flux Capacitor has gone bad.