[Mageia-dev] Any progress on the NFS mount problem?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Sep 20 20:17:16 CEST 2012

On 20/09/12 16:27, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 20/09/2012 15:00, Anne Wilson a écrit :
>>> Also, you can check available NFS version on your servers:
>>> rpcinfo -s 192.168.0.40
>> rpcinfo -s 192.168.0.40 program version(s) netid(s)
>> service     owner 100000  2,3,4     local,udp,tcp,udp6,tcp6
>> portmapper superuser 100024  1         tcp6,udp6,tcp,udp
>> status superuser 100021  4,3,1     tcp6,udp6,tcp,udp
>> nlockmgr superuser 100003  4,3,2     udp6,tcp6
>> nfs superuser 100227  3,2       udp6,tcp6
>> nfs_acl superuser 100005  3,2,1     tcp6,udp6,tcp,udp
>> mountd superuser
>>
>> Doesn't mean much to me :-(
> Your NFS server seems to be available on IPv6 only.

No idea why that should be.  How/where do I correct that?

>>> rpcinfo -s 192.168.0.200
>>>
>> Doesn't reply - presumably firewalled.
> Do you really need a firewall between hosts in your LAN ?

Possibly not, but that is how it comes, and sorting out the Mageia
side has been higher priority up to now.

>> Looks as though the problem relates to rpc on the server.  I
>> don't mind doing the digging, but can you point me to the right
>> place to start the hole?
> I'd try to understand why the nfs daemon (rpc.nfsd) is listening on
> IPv6 only, whereas the mount daemon (rpc.mountd) is listening both
> on IPv4 and IPv6.

Where is that configured?

> BTW, you're also lacking rpc.idmapd, which is mandatory for NFSv4
> support, but that's a secondary issue.

I've done a lot of googling, and most of what I found was
ubuntu-specific.  However, I found a recent entry saying that it is
provided by nfs-utils - that that is installed.  nfs-common and
nfs-server are both running, according to mcc.  Following another
lead, I tried to locate nfsmount.conf and found that I had a backup
containing it, and a man page, but no actual file.

This is incredibly difficult.  Users shouldn't have to jump through
this number of hoops to do something so basic to productivity :-(

Anne
- --
Need KDE help? Try
http://userbase.kde.org or