[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 21 12:42:23 CEST 2012

On 09/20/2012 05:46 PM, Olivier Blin wrote:
> Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com> writes:

>>> This allows for example magazines to distribute it
>>>
>> Then put the nonfree and tainted stuff on a separate non-installable
>> CD/DVD containing only those packages, and have the installer provide
>> an option to use either that or a network-location nonfree/tainted.
>> The magazine can distribute the base DVD, and those who want
>> nonfree/tainted can simply opt to download the second ISO themselves
>> or have the installer connect them to a network nonfree/tainted repo.
> How to proceed when the network connection requires a non-free firmware?
> For example on laptops with no ethernet connector but just wifi?

Then you get someone to download the companion ISO for you.  Or, you
don't rely on magazines for your install.  Or, we resign ourselves to
the fact that magazine installers will be second-class citizens, and put
the nonfree stuff on the primary ISO.

What do the magazines do about other distros that include nonfree stuff ?