[Mageia-dev] what's the purpose of this list ?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:37:30 CEST 2013

Le 03/04/2013 13:33, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> I do think it is important to have contact addresses. Not only mailing
> lists, you have to subscribe.
> It's the only way to get questions and feedback from people who only
> have a simple question or feedback to give and don't want to subscribe
> an ml for that which they would have to unsubscribe again after they get
> the answer they are interested in.
> The only question - as I see it - is, who should get those mails?
> And I think the best idea is for the whole teams in question to get them
> because otherwise you will have to find someone with too much time on
> his hands.
>
> And by the way, just to state a number about the incoming traffic using
> this mail address
> All in all I found 5 - in words FIVE - threads in my gmail account,
> which were addressed to the packagers@ address, including an mail from
> bugzilla about a bug report complaining about the many mails, the
> contributor gets that way...
>
> I have to wonder if that is not an allergic reaction to user interference...
That's not a reaction to user inference, that's a reaction to have a
gazillion different ways to achieve the same result, whereas a single
workflow would offer better garanties of equal consideration.

If the point of this adress is to allow end users willing to ask
question/request assistance/whatever, but consider that's not worth the
30s effort of subscribing a mailing list or creating a bugzilla account,
that's OK, as long as:
1) it's documented somewhere
2) people receiving those mails are volonteers to handle it

Regarding 2, I'm not.

--
BOFH excuse #221:

The mainframe needs to rest.  It's getting old, you know.