[Mageia-dev] Upcoming release freeze: 14 packages needs fixing, by Sunday

Juergen Harms juergen.harms at unige.ch
Tue Apr 9 16:21:29 CEST 2013

On 04/09/2013 11:03 AM, Christiaan Welvaart wrote:
 > The current package has the same rpmlint warnings so you don't need
 > to fix this right now INHO. The hardlinks are only a problem when
 > /usr/bin is on a different filesystem than /usr. I don't actually
 > maintain these packages so you will likely end up being the
 > maintainer.
 > ... We don't really have a choice

Yes, then replicating my local bricolage into cauldron looks like an
adequate solution. I just verified: the packages still build without
throwing errors (but now additionally need lib64mpfr-devel and
lib64mpc-devel as BuildRequires). But: don't we have release-freeze
since April 7? An alternative would be to pick this up as a bugfix for
bugzilla 7825 once Mageia 3 is out (I guess that policy allows to bring
in new upstream releases in such a case) - a pity we did not discuss
this earlier.

And no, I don't think that I am a good candidate for the maintainer: I
am not a compiler virtuoso, and 76 is too close to system freeze, better
find somebody younger (but I do what I can to help out).

 > avr-libc doesn't need to be updated?

avr-libc-1.7.1-3.mga still works ok. I just saw that 1.8.0 has been
released in January and would certainly be of interest since it adds
support for new processors. Given release freeze that probably would
mean a backport after the release.

Juergen