[Mageia-dev] [RFC] SSD partitioning in the installer as a release blocker

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Sat Feb 2 21:46:56 CET 2013

Hello!

SSD is a next-generation disk (drive) storage. It's a damage prone, due
to a wrong partitioning.

Currently our installer cannot shift and partition SSD partitions in the
right way, and it effects with:
- much slowness
- much shorter life
- problems with dualboot

The only solution is to have it right is to use an independent
partitioning tool before installing Mageia onto disk (drive).

My proposition is to mark this problem as a release blocker, because we
have to assume that we won't release any new/fixed ISOs of Mga3 after
the final release and more and more people will buy new hardware and
experience problems until rapid death of their SSD.