[Mageia-dev] [RFC] SSD partitioning in the installer as a release blocker

Mustafa Muhammad mustafaa.alhamdaani at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 12:23:11 CET 2013

On Feb 2, 2013 11:44 PM, "Kamil Rytarowski" <n54 at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> SSD is a next-generation disk (drive) storage. It's a damage prone, due
to a wrong partitioning.

> Currently our installer cannot shift and partition SSD partitions in the
right way, and it effects with:
> - much slowness
> - much shorter life
> - problems with dualboot
>
> The only solution is to have it right is to use an independent
partitioning tool before installing Mageia onto disk (drive).

> My proposition is to mark this problem as a release blocker, because we
have to assume that we won't release any new/fixed ISOs of Mga3 after the
final release and more and more people will buy new hardware and experience
problems until rapid death of their SSD.

+1
This is really important