[Mageia-dev] Gnome mess in Mageia SVN...

Sebastian sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Thu Feb 28 05:20:04 CET 2013

On 28/02/13 02:47, andre999 wrote:
> Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>>
>> I wonder how we could attract more Gnome, erm, gnomes :) to help with
>> packaging?
>>
>> Col
>>

> I'm just getting back to Mageia, after being too busy for a while and
> then disk crashes on 2 subsequent computers (and no, I didn't have
> uptodate backups) ...
>
> I'm very interested in helping with gnome packaging/development, since
> I'm a long time user of gnome.  (I still have to finish qualifying as
> a packager.)
Ok awesome that you would like to help package GNOME into Mageia :)!

> BTW, I hope that mga3 sticks with 3.6, at least at first.
There is no "at first" it is either released with 3.6.2 and stays using
that :( or hopefully uses the GNOME 3.8 series instead for the release :)!

> Until the "legacy" (classic/fallback) mode is stablised, and hopefully
> that those now using the fallback mode for hardware reasons aren't
> subjected to the snail pace of the current llvm emulation alternative.

I finally saw all of the video of the GNOME talk last  night that I
missed at FOSDEM, since ended up else where instead:
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/fosdem-video/2013/maintracks/Janson/Has_the_GNOME_community_gone_crazy_.webm
If people watch from 29:50 the new classic mode gets mentioend again,
followed by how GNOME should work well enough now for most users without
3D acceleration as well.  Before that section is also the part about how
GNOME uses SystemD now to an extent, but it can work without that as well.

As for llmpipe I have not had loads of slowness with it when running
GNOME Shell.

Andre by the way in your other email to this thread your message didn't
seem to show.