[Mageia-dev] web virtual management solution

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Tue Jan 8 17:54:35 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Armando B. <hmandevteam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi friends,
> i looking in svn repo for some solution about KVM web management solution,
> but i haven't founded applications.
>
> I used, for a little virtual cluster, VirtualBox + VbTool + phpVirtualbox
> (all presents in our repo).
>
> For KVM there is great virt-manager for cli gui but nothing for web gui.
>
> Searching online i saw:
> http://www.openqrm-enterprise.com
> http://www.ovirt.org/Home
> https://www.webvirtmgr.net
> http://archipelproject.org
> http://karesansui-project.info/
> https://code.osuosl.org/projects/ganeti-webmgr
>
> packaging of some of these is difficult for dependencies not already in
> our repo, perhaps ganeti could be more simple to package (in repo missing
> only 2 packages: python-whoosh and django-fields)
>
> what do you think about ?
> Would we have a web management solution for KVM in Mageia ?

While this is something that I would love to see on Mageia, I think it's
late for inclusion on Mageia 3, version freeze is tomorrow, so even if
ganeti could be packaged and imported with all of the missing deps today,
I'm not sure there's enough time to test it before tomorrow's freeze.

Mandriva has a ganeti package, I'm looking at it but as already said,
probably it's too late for mga 3.

Cheers,
--
Juancho