[Mageia-dev] web virtual management solution

Armando B. hmandevteam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:54:47 CET 2013

I tryed also WebVirtMgr from git repo https://github.com/retspen/webvirtmgr

it need only django python-virtinst httpd mod_python mod_wsgi (all in our
repo)
it worked after some modifies:
1. create webvirtmgr subfolder and copy all files into
2. launch ./manage.py syncdb into root source folder
3. modify /etc/sysconfig/libvirtd uncommented LIBVIRTD_ARGS="--listen"
4. modify /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf as follow:
   listen_tls = 0
   listen_tcp = 1
5. restart libvirtd service
6. launch internal webserver with ./manage.py runserver 127.0.0.1:8000

in https://www.webvirtmgr.net/docs/ is required to add user by using
saslpasswd2 and THIS IS PROBLEM: saslpasswd2 -a libvirt fred (as sampe)
don't create passwd.db file. In messages i saw:
saslpasswd2: could not find auxprop plugin, was searching for [all]

this cause problem with authentication, see images
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4402/noauth.jpg

if we solve this problem could try to use also this web frontend.

have you any idea to fix ?

--
  themonospot project - http://www.integrazioneweb.com/themonospot
  monosim project - http://www.integrazioneweb.com/monosim