[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release xen-4.2.1-2.mga3

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:14:28 CET 2013

On 16 January 2013 21:02, AL13N <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> i was planning on removing xm and xend support.
>
> perhaps closer should be to find out what libvirtd isn't working?
>
> of course, i did ask to maintain this, but it isn't easy for me to actually
> test it :-(. i had planned to test this at work, but other work has made me
> unable to actually run it for a while...
>
> anyway, i had to patch some stuff about xenconsole, but maybe i should take a
> closer look into what other patches fedora has. well, i should at least try to
> find some hardware i can use for this.
>
> also, i had planned on dropping internal qemu, but it upstream told me to wait
> for the next major version.
>
> if anyone can help me out with xen, i'd appreciate it.
>

> @tv:
>  - did you manually make another boot entry in grub with the hypervisor as
> kernel and the kernel as module and the initrd as another module? (that is
> necessary)

no since that's automatic with grub2

>  - could you check if the xl command does work?

"xl list" works but not libvirt users

>  - could you possibly give logs for libvirtd (and maybe do: 'systemctl list-
> units' ?)
>
> thanks a bunch

[root at localhost ~]# service libvirtd status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status libvirtd.service
libvirtd.service - Virtualization daemon
          Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirtd.service; enabled)
          Active: active (running) since Fri, 2013-01-18 16:56:53 CET; 12min ago
        Main PID: 867 (libvirtd)
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/libvirtd.service
                  ├  867 /usr/sbin/libvirtd
                  └ 1214 dnsmasq
--conf-file=/var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.conf

Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: erreur interne impossible de
se connecter à Xen
Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: unable to connect to
'localhost:8000': Connexion refusée
Jan 18 17:01:58 localhost libvirtd[867]: No response from client
0x8ec290 after 5 keepalive messages in ...conds
Jan 18 17:04:53 localhost libvirtd[867]: erreur interne impossible de
se connecter à Xen
Jan 18 17:04:53 localhost libvirtd[867]: unable to connect to
'localhost:8000': Connexion refusée
Jan 18 17:04:53 localhost libvirtd[867]: End of file while reading
data: Erreur d'entrée/sortie

# systemctl list-units|grep xen
proc-xen.mount
                  loaded active mounted       /proc/xen
xencommons.service
                  loaded failed failed        LSB: Start/stop
xenstored and xenconsoled
xend.service
                  loaded active running       LSB: Start/stop xend
xendomains.service
                  loaded active exited        LSB: Start/stop
secondary xen domains