[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release xen-4.2.1-2.mga3

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sat Jan 19 00:18:52 CET 2013

Op vrijdag 18 januari 2013 17:14:28 schreef Thierry Vignaud:
> On 16 January 2013 21:02, AL13N <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> > i was planning on removing xm and xend support.
> >
> > perhaps closer should be to find out what libvirtd isn't working?
> >
> > of course, i did ask to maintain this, but it isn't easy for me to
> > actually
> > test it :-(. i had planned to test this at work, but other work has made
> > me
> > unable to actually run it for a while...
> >
> > anyway, i had to patch some stuff about xenconsole, but maybe i should
> > take a closer look into what other patches fedora has. well, i should at
> > least try to find some hardware i can use for this.
> >
> > also, i had planned on dropping internal qemu, but it upstream told me to
> > wait for the next major version.
> >
> > if anyone can help me out with xen, i'd appreciate it.
> >
> > @tv:
> >  - did you manually make another boot entry in grub with the hypervisor as
> >
> > kernel and the kernel as module and the initrd as another module? (that is
> > necessary)
>
> no since that's automatic with grub2
>
> >  - could you check if the xl command does work?
>
> "xl list" works but not libvirt users
>
> >  - could you possibly give logs for libvirtd (and maybe do: 'systemctl
> >  list-
> >
> > units' ?)
> >
> > thanks a bunch
>
> [root at localhost ~]# service libvirtd status
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status libvirtd.service
> libvirtd.service - Virtualization daemon
>           Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirtd.service; enabled)
> Active: active (running) since Fri, 2013-01-18 16:56:53 CET; 12min ago Main
> PID: 867 (libvirtd)
>           CGroup: name=systemd:/system/libvirtd.service
>                   ├  867 /usr/sbin/libvirtd
>                   └ 1214 dnsmasq
> --conf-file=/var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.conf
>
> Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
> ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
> Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
> ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
> Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
> ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
> Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: Unable to issue hypervisor
> ioctl 3166208: Permission non accordée
> Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: erreur interne impossible de
> se connecter à Xen
> Jan 18 17:01:28 localhost libvirtd[867]: unable to connect to
> 'localhost:8000': Connexion refusée
> Jan 18 17:01:58 localhost libvirtd[867]: No response from client
> 0x8ec290 after 5 keepalive messages in ...conds
> Jan 18 17:04:53 localhost libvirtd[867]: erreur interne impossible de
> se connecter à Xen
> Jan 18 17:04:53 localhost libvirtd[867]: unable to connect to
> 'localhost:8000': Connexion refusée
> Jan 18 17:04:53 localhost libvirtd[867]: End of file while reading
> data: Erreur d'entrée/sortie
>
> # systemctl list-units|grep xen
[..]

perhaps libvirtd cannot connect because of some kind of thing not being being
enabled... i would like to see more of the libvirtd log, from the beginning...
it seems like there's more earlier logs.

also, perhaps libvirtd might be trying to connect to the server as if it were
a kvm server... so need more logs and possibly config files.

with xl, can you actually start a VM (para/hvm), that you can get into with
the xenconsole?

I might soon get a test system meant for virtualisation for personal use
later... i plan on doing a complete test with it. and try to enable kvm and
xen at the same time /o\ if that would be possible... (i doubt it)