[Mageia-dev] drakxtools & drakx-installer-stage2 (mga#9428)

Glen Ogilvie nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz
Sat Mar 23 02:51:11 CET 2013

On 23 March 2013 11:57, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 Mar 2013 22:21, "Glen Ogilvie" <nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> "make dist" actually...
> >>
> >> it will target make "dist-svn" or "make dist-git" depending on if
> you're using
> >> git-svn or not.
> >>
> >> be advised that dist-svn uses the BASE and any uncommitted change will
> not be
> >> applied.
> >>
> >> dist-git however, you can commit without pushing them and that will be
> used.
> >>

> > I've had a good play around with make dist.
> > It seems to me, like running make dist in the perl-install directory,
> (svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/drakx/trunk/ )
> > does not produce the same tar.xz file as found within
> drakx-installer-stage2 sources.
> > For example, the tar.gz produced by "make dist" does not contain the
> "kernel", "perl-install/install" directories, etc.
> > Also, inside the tar, the first directory is: "drakxtools-15.29", rather
> than "drakx-installer-stage2-15.29".  It is also
> > only 2.4MB instead of about 4.3MB.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Yes, you need to go into install subdirectory (if I remember the name
> correctly)

Ah, great.  Thank you.. That does the trick. :)

Would anyone mind if update
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Drakx-installer_tips_and_tricks, and then update
the URL in the spec file of drakx-installer-stage2 to point to it, along
with a comment on how to create the source tar.xz
Current URL in the spec is: http://wiki.mandriva.com/Tools/DrakX  (which
just goes to Mandriva's main wiki page)

Regards
Glen Ogilvie