[Mageia-dev] Apache doesn't always like restarting....

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Mar 27 13:20:42 CET 2013

Hiya,

Not sure if others ever get this but sometimes my apache really doesn't
like being restarted.

Looking at things when it's in this stuck state it appears to be waiting
on a mutex:

Process 24205 attached
futex(0x7fde0090c640, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 2, NULL <unfinished ...>

Eventually systemd gets tired waiting and kills it properly
+++ killed by SIGKILL +++

which is nice from a  cleanliness perspective - I'm pretty sure that
before either sysvinit would have just hung or returned from the stop
job without killing things properly and then started apache again and
gotten then "failed to bind to port 80" type error I'm sure I remember
seeing.

Anyway, don't think this is something we can easily fix just now and
it's quite sporadic (doesn't always happen).

One of these days I'll be able to attach to it properly and get a nice
backtrace :)

Cheers