[Mageia-discuss] https at URL leads to a different page

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Sep 20 18:25:10 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 05:17:27PM -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
>  Le 2010-09-19 16:39, André Machado a écrit :
> >When you go to http://www.mageia.org, you go to the project
> >website, but when you type https://www.mageia.org/ you go to a
> >page entitled "Welcome to zarb.org". This occurs mainly when
> >leaving mail-list options page. I guess what should be fixed
> >because can cause confusion.
> >
> You also get strange results if you type in http://www.mageia.nl,
> http://mageia.nl; https://www.mageia.nl and finally http://mageia.nl
> . Sorry I deleted the email where the owner of the mageia.nl owner
> announced the site offered a link to the official mageia.org site.
> Some of these lead to the zarb.org site.
>
> Marc

Hi,

That would have been me. For now I forward mageia.nl to mageia.org through
DNS. For this to work properly, the admin of the official mageia.org
website has to edit their webserver configuration. The issue with
www.mageia.nl not working was a typo on my side :-( which I now have
fixed.

That said, I realise I registered the domain in my enthusiasm and also
with the hope to prevent an 'outside' party from registering it. We can do
several things with it:

1) Hand ownership of the domain over to mageia.org.

2) Keep forwarding the DNS for now as it is.

3) Set up a dummy page on my server redirecting to the official mageia.org
page.

4) Set up a Dutch forum dedicated to mageia on that domain.

5) Hand ownership of the domain over to an existing NL based usergroup.

6) Point DNS nowhere for now.

Mageia staff can reach me on this email address if needed or tag me on IRC
(Remmy)

Thanks,

Remco