[Mageia-discuss] https at URL leads to a different page

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 20 18:38:18 CEST 2010

2010/9/20 Remco Rijnders <remco at webconquest.com>:

> That said, I realise I registered the domain in my enthusiasm and also
> with the hope to prevent an 'outside' party from registering it. We can do
> several things with it:
>
> 1) Hand ownership of the domain over to mageia.org.
>
> 2) Keep forwarding the DNS for now as it is.
>
> 3) Set up a dummy page on my server redirecting to the official mageia.org
> page.
>
> 4) Set up a Dutch forum dedicated to mageia on that domain.
>
> 5) Hand ownership of the domain over to an existing NL based usergroup.
>
> 6) Point DNS nowhere for now.
>
> Mageia staff can reach me on this email address if needed or tag me on IRC
> (Remmy)

I did the same but I did not set a redirect. I placed a sentence on
the site which tells people in German to either go to the main
mageia.org site or to the German Mandriva Linux Community which will
support Mageia as soon as support is needed, The User can click on the
links, it works. Nothing to be changed in any setup.
What will become of the site is in the future, similar to your points 1 or 5.