[Mageia-discuss] New name for cooker

Jan Ciger jan.ciger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:28:56 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Stéphane Téletchéa <steletch at gmail.com>:

> So instead of the cauldron, I would go for Hephaestus:
>
> " He was the god of technology, blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, sculptors,
> metals, metallurgy, fire and volcanoes"
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephaestus
>
> WDYT?
>
> Stef

Guys, let's keep it pronounceable and easy to remember, shall we? It
will probably wind up in the names of mailing lists and web page and
such and name that nobody can spell/pronounce correctly is no good.
Cooker was good from this point of view.

Things like "mathetria" or "hephaestus" are not.

For me "cooker" was somehow always the person doing the cooking (the
"cook"), not so much the pot (as in "pressure cooker"). However,
keeping with the "thing" approach - why not "foundry", "lab", or
"crucible"? Even "pot" would work.

J.