[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:56:30 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 17:39, Pierre Pmithrandir
> <pmithrandir at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> By the way the "common" authentication for all sevrices that we had in
>> mandriva was really great...
>> If we could use thee same for all forums you are going to create...
>
> Yes, that's a must, but it will gradually appear if we want to
> bootstrap quickly.

As much as I liked the common authentification at Mandriva, this may
produce a problem for cases where a localized forum is an already
existing community like Blogdrake or MandrivaUser.de with many
registered users. Then localized forums may hard to configure to use
the central authentification at mageia.org. Same with apps like wikis
and image galleries.

So maybe this common authentification may only be possible within the
mageia.org realms. As it is now with Mandriva and external communities
like mandrivausers.de and the others..