[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

vfmBOFH vfmbofh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:43:20 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 16:55, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > In a perfect setup, the Mageia forums would have a localized section on
> > their own main forum board and manage the localized sections themselves.
> But
> > it doesn't sound like people want this. It sounds like people would
> rather
> > go to a localization.mageia.org (or mageia.org/localization) site where
> all
> > services are rendered in their language. It may, in fact, be easier to
> > manage things this way. The mageia.org main site would essentially be
> the
> > hub (in English) where the flow of localized (language) were coordinated
> > through localized.mageia.org sites
> >
> > Or am I hearing things wrong?
>
> No, I guess you are hearing it right. Good idea as well for the
> monthly (or ad hoc) reporting principle, could be interesting and
> useful that way.
>
> I guess then we'll go for the mixed approach. Anyway, let's wait for
> the temp wiki setup and we'll dig through this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Romain.

Similar to the (failed) mandriva assembly, huh?

I think it can be a good scheme. And comes with some "extras" like localized
communities can "elect" their representative on the future associaton, and
turns the "central hub" in a open discuss for them. If this scheme sucess,
transparency and openess of the representative's discursons are guaranteed.