[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Tue Sep 21 18:09:32 CEST 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, vfmBOFH wrote:

> Similar to the (failed) mandriva assembly, huh?
>
> I think it can be a good scheme. And comes with some "extras" like localized
> communities can "elect" their representative on the future associaton, and
> turns the "central hub" in a open discuss for them. If this scheme sucess,
> transparency and openess of the representative's discursons are guaranteed.

Since vfmBOFH mentions the failed mandriva assembly, I'd like to suggest
to please keep the organisational structure as flat as possible.

On the internet where everyone has equal possibilities to be informed
and partecipate we don't need multi-level hierarchical structures with
so called local community representatives that have special rights or
influence.

As we just saw during the first days of Mageia, the opinion of some
local community representatives don't necessarily match at all with the
opinions of the members of their community.

So personally I don't see any point in local community representatives
as decision makers. If anything they should make sure that their
communities are informaed by arranging translations of relevant
information and manage their local forums, events etc.

Any voting on global Mageia issues should be open to everyone, there
should be no delegations or representations as that's not necessary on
the internet.